My fiance and I make ourselves gourmet burgers on a semi-regular basis, therefore I decided to share with you all the key ingredient we use.
Tomato Chutney!! But not just any tomato chutney, this chutney is Danna Hay's recipe! Mmmm!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup (125ml) malt vinegar
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
Place the oil and onion in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the tomato, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and cook for 10–15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon into sterilised jars or clean containers and store in the refrigerator. Serve with pork or ham. Makes 3 cups.
How we put it together~
Might be nice of me to tell you all how we make our "burgers"
1. We use flat sour dough buns which are grilled in a pan with butter and garlic
2. Grill some Procuitto with a light sprinkling of virgin olive oil.
3. Mash 1 avocado into a paste
4. BBQ our butchers burger patties
5. Slice 2 pieces of Jarlsburg cheese per burger
6. Sometimes we grill slices mushrooms with garlic and parsley paste. Mmm.
7. Put all the ingerdients together on your bun and ENJOY! Yummy!!
Kisses from Fawns, Squirrels and Things x