Cheat Chicken Pie!
So I have made this a few times and everyone loves it!!
My friends have asked for the recipe and some family members so I thought I would pass it on here to you aswell. I know you'll all love it too.
- 2 cups (320g) coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup (180g) sour cream ( I use 1- 1.5 cups but I love it extremely creamy!)
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 200g sheets store-bought butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine the chicken, sour cream, basil, lemon rind, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cut 2 x 15cm x 10cm rectangles from the pastry and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Spoon the filling into the centre of the pastry.
- Brush just inside the edge of the pastry with the egg.
- Cut 2 x 18cm x 12cm rectangles from the remaining pastry and place over the filling.
- Gently press the edges together to seal. Brush the tops of the pies with the beaten egg.
- Bake the pies for 25–30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
This should feed 2 people but honestly my partner and I have left overs!
Very generous portions!!
Kisses from Fawns, Squirrels and Things x